Sunday, June 30, 2013

Little Red Riding Hood Literature Focus unit




Next year I plan on teaching fairy tales.  I used to teach them and they were always a hit with my Kindergarten class.  So next year I am going to make sure I'm able to squeeze them in somehow.  I have been working on Literature focus units to accompany the fairy tale materials I already had.  These units are "the missing pieces" in what I was looking for to help my students better understand story structure and text complexity.  For more information please go to my TpT store to download a preview.


This 99 page unit includes character response sheets in three different skin tones and B&W.

This unit includes:
Critical Thinking Questions
Vocabulary Cards
Character Cards
Graphic Organizers: Describe the Setting , Character Traits Brace Maps, Interview The Character, Adjective Bubble Maps, Characters Change, Text To Self , Change The Story, Letter to Character, Venn Diagram, Beginning/Middle/End, Cartoon Strip
Little Red Riding Hood Reader
Make A List
Thinking Beyond The Text
Writing Paper
Extend The Story
ABC Order
Fact Or Opinion
Story Remix
Sentence Scramble
Author’s Purpose/Book Rating Recording Sheet
Color By Sight Word
Using The Details
Retelling Puppets
Anchor Chart Story Element Display Pieces   
 
Site Design by Designer Blogs