Friday, July 20, 2012

Summer Classroom Cleaning

I went to my school three times this week and though I feel I made a lot of progress purging things, I still have a long way to go before I start to feel less stressed about setting up my room and being really ready for the first day of school. 

This is what I walked into on Monday (see pictures below).  I'm really excited to be in a real classroom and in the same building as my team this year.  I have a lot of space planning to think about in the next few weeks but I'm incredibly excited about this change.


Here is my "teacher's hoard" in all of it's glory just waiting for me to start to purge.


I have already trashed a good amount of stuff and have my "take it" table #1 already filled with things.  My second table is already half full and I'm no-where-near-finished.  Each item I get rid of I feel less stressed.  My motto: Take It Back To The Basics.


When it's all said and done I plan on doing a series of before and after posts kind of modeled after one of my favorite blogs called Better After
 
Site Design by Designer Blogs