Monday, July 16, 2012

Organization: Binder Covers

I've linked up with 4 grade frolics for Made it Monday.
I made these binders covers to go with my updated assessment and lesson plan binders. I used scrapbooking paper, printer paper, and cardstock. Why?  Because the cost of ink is killing me and I have gone through waaaay too much lately!  Plus I have a ton of scrapbooking paper and cardstock because that's one of my hobbies. 

I printed the large titles on white cardstock and the small ones on regular printer paper.  I used a really simple "freestyle" design (no templates involved).  Just assembled the cut pieces until I liked the arrangement.  There are no embellishments because I am going to laminate these pages and I wanted them as flat as possible.

You will see the same title repeated more than once because one is for the cover of the binder and the others are going to be used as dividers for my assessment, guest teacher, and lesson plan binders.

The cardstock I used is really sparkly.  The paper pack I used is called Lemon Flower by DCWV.  I also used black ink around the edges of each page to add more dimension.

 Close up so you can see the shiny part.

Binder Cover

 Binder Cover

Binder Cover

Binder Cover

Insert/divider

Binder Cover

 Insert/divider

 Insert/divider

   Binder Cover

Binder Cover

Binder Cover

Insert/Divider
 
Site Design by Designer Blogs